Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Test of Time

The previous post got me thinking about albums that have stood the test of time. As I rapidly approach my 40's (did I really just say that out loud?) it amazes me how much music that I listened to 20 plus years ago is still a part of my everyday life - and, of course, now my kids lives as well. I will add to the list as I think of them, so check back to the post occasionally! (This list is just stuff that I was listening to around the time that my generation was coming of age and in no way reflects what I think are the all time best albums, though most of them are certainly on that list.*)

1. The Tragically Hip - Up to Here* and Road Apples
2. Depeche Mode - Music for the Masses*
3. Bob Marley - Legend*
4. Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense*
5. Pearl Jam - Ten*
6. David Bowie - Scary Monsters
7. Live - Mental Jewelry
8. NIN - Pretty Hate Machine
9. RHCP - Mother's Milk and Blood Sugar Sex Magik
10. Beastie Boys - License to Ill
11. AC\DC - Highway to Hell

No comments: