Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Frank Zappa

Tiff went to see Dweezil (aka: The Bowl of Hotness) the other night and it made me realize that while I've mentioned a lot of people that I admire on this here blog of mine, I have yet to mention Frank. He was the voice of a generation, he saved us from the PMRC and he left us long before his work was done. He always said that being remembered wasn't important to people like him, he lies in an unmarked grave to prove it, but I know that I am not the only person that wept when he died and that still finds strength in his words. My favorite of those words being "May your shit come to life and kiss you."

This is Frank on Crossfire sometime after the PMRC Senate Hearings. I love it when he tells John Lofton to kiss his ass. Frank's definition of fascism "...when you have a government that prefers a certain moral code derived from a certain religion and that moral code turns into legislation..."

And this is just damn funny. Titties and Beer. Frank at his finest.

No comments: