Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Changes

My kids were so involved in this election process. I am very sad to admit that I voted for the first time in 2000, even though I was old enough in '92 and '96. I just never felt engaged by politics or felt that they effected me in any way, which I'm sure is very normal for young people. I literally thought that it had absolutely no impact on my life whatsoever. Brett won't be 18 until July and he was just sick yesterday that he couldn't vote. MJ has had Obama tattoos on her hands for three days.
I am very proud of my generation right now. We have truly taught our children that differences are to be celebrated and that fear is bred from ignorance. Yes, the minorities in this country came out in record numbers yesterday but it was Young, White People that elected this President. I am so very proud of that.

We can be Heroes, just for one day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdo5f_ozf6E&feature=related

No comments: